How to become a part of the OBJ Billet Family
The Ontario Blue Jays Billeting Program helps young men willing to move to the Mississauga and Greater Toronto Area who will be in need of a home away from home. It takes special people to open their homes to our players and we are incredibly appreciative of the care that they provide our team with. Our billeting program plays a significant role in not only the continued success of the program but the development of talented, driven and goal-oriented young men who wish to achieve the most they can in academics, baseball and beyond.
We have open our OBJ doors to players wishing to move away from home and we want them to feel all the comforts that they normally would back home. Be it home cooked meals, a clean home, or even just care for their well-being, our players are very appreciative of everything our billets do for them.
The Ontario Blue Jays are looking for enthusiastic billet families who are willing to open their homes to these young men living away from home as they continue to push forward towards their goals and dreams!
What we look for in Billet Families:
- A player must have their own room
- A double size bed (or larger) with bedding and closet for daily attire
- A workspace (desk and chair) as well as, internet and printer access to continue their studies
- Close access bathroom and shower (does not have to be personal bathroom)
- Access to laundry facilities
- Three healthy meals per day and snacks available or available to be made by the player to take to school, practice and/or games
- Parking (if necessary)
- Completed Police Background Check by the Peel Regional Police of Billet Parents and any person(s) over the age of 18 years living in the residence
Billets are provided with:
- A weekly or monthly stipend to assist with additional costs
- The Billet Family Apparel Fan Pack
- Annual gift of appreciation from OBJ on behalf of the player and the organization
To apply to become apart of the Ontario Blue Jays Billet Program, please contact Stephanie Wilkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.